Thursday, February 6, 2014

How to get sculpted (& believable) cheek bones



I'll be the first to admit that I don't have naturally amazing cheekbones. I mean, they're there, but they're not as evident as I'd like them it to be. In the process of learning how to make the best of my relatively round face, I've learned how to make my cheekbones look more impressive without looking overdone.

I've started out with my foundation, eye makeup and concealer done. As you can see, it's a pretty flat surface I'm working with here.
Before:


The first thing I do is go in with a matte medium brown eyeshadow with an E.l.f. small stipple brush. The eyeshadow I'm using is from an old L'oreal palette- I use the one on the bottom left. Any matte brown will do the trick, as long as it's not too dark; adjust the shade based on your skin tone . I concentrate the color in the hollows of my cheeks, making sure not to apply it too low on my cheek. Making a fishy-face helps.




Using the same color, I put a little on my temples. 


Then I use my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Milk Chocolate with the Real Techniques Blush Brush, which is much bigger and is perfect for all over bronzing. I apply this over the initial contour and bring it up onto my temples to help blend it in and warm up my face.



Then using the same Real Techniques Blush Brush I apply my blush to my actual cheekbones; not under them. By applying blush higher on my cheeks, it lifts the face rather than making it look saggy. Because saggy is never a good look. Ever. Today I decided to use Luster by NARS.

And tada! Cheekbones!

After:





Thanks for reading! :)

-rachel j


4 comments :

  1. Ooo great tutorial ! I've never got the hang if contouring really but this makes it look so easy I'm gonna give it a try!

    ReplyDelete