Tuesday, January 7, 2014

REVIEW: New Revlon Colorburst Matte & Lacquer Balm

Hello again!

A couple of weeks ago I went out to scope what was new at the drugstore and found these! Revlon came out with a collection of Colorburst Matte Balms and Colorburst Lacquer Balms. I got two matte balms & one lacquer balm. There are a total of 9 matte shades and 10 lacquer shades (at least according to Ulta's website). I tried to pick shades that I would get a lot of use out of, but there are plenty of more daring colors like hot pinks and purples that I may try in the future.

Below are close up pictures of each shade, as well as swatches on my arm and on my lips so you can get a better idea of how these balms look!



Left to right: 105 Demure (lacquer), 205 Elusive (matte), 240 Striking (matte)


240 Striking


205 Elusive


105 Demure


Left to right: 105 Demure, 205 Elusive, 240 Striking
(I had to go over the swatches at least once to get them this vibrant)


Demure is pretty close to my natural lip color. Demure is one of the lacquer balms that is a beautiful light, beige-y pink with fine glitter in it- I think all of the lacquer balms have some glitter in them for added shine. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the glitter, but it ended up being my favorite of the three! It's a nice "my lips but better" shade.
The only kind of negative thing in regards to the glitter is that even after the color has faded, the glitter sticks. It looks a bit odd in my opinion, but it's not a deal breaker for me.


Elusive is a bit more pigmented then my bare lips- I would describe it as a bright rose-y pink. 


Striking
, as you can see, is pretty striking! It's a beautiful yellow toned red. Reminds me of a tomato! I love to wear this with some winged eyeliner and mascara. Very classic.
(Sorry for the messy application on this one!)


Quality:
These balms are very creamy, smooth, and easy to apply. I love the packaging and how they feel on my lips. The pigmentation is pretty decent- I have to go over my lips at least twice to be happy with the it, as I did for the swatches above. For some reason I have the most trouble with Striking, but like I said before, I just go over it a few times and all is well.

Also, the matte balms aren't super drying like a lot of matte lipsticks. They don't cling to dry skin quite as badly as other lipsticks, but I still recommend exfoliating and moisturizing to get rid of the dead skin before application.


Staying Power:
These aren't the best for long wear, especially if you're eating and drinking. They do stain your lips, but it's definitely a more faded look compared to right after application.

I put Striking to the test today- I put it on around 3 pm and went about my day, eating and drinking included. (These do transfer onto glassware, by the way). By around 4:30 pm all that was left was the stain, which didn't look too shabby. I would recommend popping this in your purse before going out just incase you need to reapply.

Conclusion:
I like them! They're easy to apply and feel nice on my lips. They also have beautiful shades to choose from and they're around $9 each.

As always, I hope you're having an amazing Tuesday and I'll talk to you soon!

-rachel j




4 comments :

  1. Nice review - thank you ♥♥

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three colours are absolutely gorgeous! :)

    http://ellistuesday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite pleased with them! :)
      Thanks for reading xx

      Delete