Thursday, March 27, 2014

Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Foundation








Hey guys!

First off, I want to apologize for not posting in over a week! School has been crazy, and unfortunately homework comes before blogging. Just know that I would much rather be blogging for you guys than be doing chemistry homework. :-) Anyway, I finally got around to doing a review for this foundation! It took me a while to decide how I felt about it, so I thought I'd fill you guys in.

At first I really wasn't impressed with this foundation, but after playing around with it for a few weeks I began to change my mind. I don't know why, but for some reason the first few times I tried it it just didn't last very long and I found that I got greasy after 4-5 hours. Disappointed, I decided to take a break from it and come back to it later.

Now I'm really enjoying this foundation. There are a total of 28 shades to choose from, and I have it in shade 140N. I know it looks way too dark on my hand, but once it's blended out it's not too shabby. It is a touch too yellow/dark, but it will be perfect for when I self-tan (or when I hopefully get a real tan, haha). It definitely doesn't last 24 hours- I'd say it lasts a solid 8, and sometimes it lasts for around 12 without sliding off my face or getting patchy. It's medium-full coverage, and it comes with a nifty pump. Out of all the foundations I own (mostly drugstore) I'd say that this gives me the closest to a flawless finish. It's semi-matte and does a good job of blurring imperfections. It takes about two pumps for me to cover my whole face, and it isn't the easiest to blend as it's a little thick. Although it doesn't transfer, which I LOVE. I can touch my face as much as I want and don't have to worry about it coming right off. As for applying it, I like the results best when I apply it with my fingers, but my Real Techniques Expert Face brush also does the job. I still get a little oily with this foundation, but it's not unbearable by any means. I did find that it tends to cling to dry patches, so if your skin is excessively dry I'm not sure this would work for you. It also photographs well, although I haven't tried it with flash.

Overall, it's a nice product. However, considering it's $45, I don't know if would repurchase it. My L'oreal True Match foundation lasts just as long and has similar coverage. I will admit though that the finish of this foundation is much more luxurious than any drugstore foundation I have tried. I usually save this product for days when I want to look extra fancy, or for a night out.

Have you guys tried it before? What are your thoughts? Hope you all are well!

-rachel j

7 comments :

  1. Hey! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :) This award is just a way of saying I really like your blog and letting other people know about your blog. Please find all the info here: http://fierceobsession.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/liebster-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been interested in this foundation for awhile, but I haven't seen many reviews on it! I use L'oreal True Match as well, so it's super helpful that you pointed out that it has a similar finish, you saved me a $45 bottle!
    Thanks for the review! xx

    racheljoysoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just browsing and came upon your blog - had to follow! Lovely blog with interesting reviews :)

    Best Wishes x
    http://benishkhan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Thanks for reading :) x

      Delete
  4. I love how this comes in a liquid form and it sounds amazing! I will have to try and find a lighter shade for my skin tone :) x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    Real Techniques Core Collection Giveaway

    ReplyDelete