Saturday, March 8, 2014

Spring break: beach makeup must-haves


Hi everyone!

I can't believe it's March already, and that it's getting into spring break season! My spring break started yesterday, which seems so early. Anyway, since I figured some of you might be going on vacation soon, I decided to make a post all about what kind of beauty products I would bring along for a trip to the beach. Let's get into it!

FACE- Simple with spf
Whenever I'm on vacation or hanging out in the sun, I just want to have something on that evens out my skintone while protecting it at the same time. I really like Garnier's BB Cream- it has really nice coverage, a matte finish and spf 20. Best drugstore BB cream I've tried so far.
It's also nice to bring along a multipurpose concealer. Maybelline's Fit Me concealer in shade 15 works for my undereyes and any spots that happen to pop up.

EYES- Quick and waterproof
For eyebrows I chose my Stila waterproof browcolor because it's easy to apply, and it's long lasting which is great if you'll be swimming or even sweating out in the sun. As for my eyes, I would coat my lashes with Maybelline's The Falsies waterproof mascara and be done.

CHEEKS- Long lasting flush
Some powder blushes just don't stay on the skin very long, and when I'm on vacation I don't want to constantly be reapplying my makeup. The Balm's Stainiac cheek and lip tint is a great alternative to powder blush. It comes with a doe-foot applicator that you dot on your cheeks and blend in for a great flush of color that stays all day long. I find it is a little too drying to use on my lips, but I love it regardless. The shade I have is called beauty queen, which may look scary at first, but really is an amazing color.

LIPS- Light and glossy
This is totally optional, as you could just wear your favorite lipbalm and call it a day, but I love a good pinky-nude lipgloss for any occasion; even for hanging out at the beach. NYX's buttergloss in éclair is one of my all time favorites, and finishes off any look perfectly.

I hope you all have an amazing weekend and a great spring break, whenever it may be. What makeup would you bring on a beach trip?


-rachel j


2 comments :

  1. I'm not much of a make up person. well, actually I am not allowed to use make up yet (I'm 18
    !) But I do use a BB cream and Garnier BB cream is my favourite one.
    But these are actually great products. I just wish I was able to use them!
    Have a great weekend :)

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well once you can use them you have to let me know which ones become your favorite!! As always, thanks for reading :)

      Delete